• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
uswarez

C.S. Forester - Horatio Hornblower Series

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

348nj47.jpg

C.S. Forester - Horatio Hornblower Series

Unabridged AudioBook | 2013 | Genre: HistoricalFiction | English | MP3 32Kb | Collection | 1.32 GB

Horatio Hornblower is a fictional Napoleonic Wars era Royal Navy officer who is the protagonist of a series of novels by C. S. Forester. He was later the subject of films, radio and television programs.

The original Hornblower tales began with the 1937 novel The Happy Return (U.S. title Beat to Quarters) with the appearance of a junior Royal Navy captain on independent duty on a secret mission to Central America, though later stories would fill out his earlier years, starting with an unpromising beginning as a seasick midshipman. As the Napoleonic Wars progress, he gains promotion steadily as a result of his skill and daring, despite his initial poverty and lack of influential friends. Eventually, after surviving many adventures in a wide variety of locales, he rises to the pinnacle of his profession, promoted to Admiral of the Fleet, knighted as a Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath (GCB), and named the 1st Baron Hornblower.

Ernest Hemingway is quoted as saying, "I recommend Forester to everyone literate I know," and Winston Churchill stated, "I find Hornblower admirable."

You can choose to read them in Chronological order, or in the order they were written, which I prefer:

1937 - The Happy Return

1938 - A Ship of the Line

1938 - Flying Colours

1945 - The Commodore

1946 - Lord Hornblower

1950 - Mr Midshipman Hornblower

1951 - Lieutenant Hornblower

1953 - Hornblower and the Atropos

1957 - Hornblower in the West Indies

1962 - Hornblower and the Hotspur

1967 - Hornblower and the Crisis

Download Link

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi