• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
milica2992

The Slow Cook Book by DK publishing

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

3c2aa94ab98b498ca0f67d195e8f0d80_zpsm1osdysf.jpg

The Slow Cook Book by DK publishing

Years ago, to save my budget and bookshelf space (why yes, doesn't everyone have 300-400 cookbooks?), I established a personal policy: Take a cookbook out of the library, first. If I make three re[beeep]es and want to make more of them, I give myself permission to buy the cookbook. This has saved me from several unfortunate mistakes, and reduced the money I spend on "Oh pretty! but I'll never cook this" "read-once" cookbooks.

This one survived the library triage. I just put The Slow Cook Book into my Amazon cart, and I encourage you to do the same. These are all winning re[beeep]es.

In the past few years, new slow-cooking cookbooks have learned to treat the slow cooker as a device for low-and-slow rather than as a cooking philosophy, and this is among the best examples I've encountered. The "old style" Crock-pot re[beeep]es had you dump everything in the device and let everything cook for 6-8 hours. For some things that works fine, but you lose a lot of flavor that way. There's a reason you sear meat when you make a stew on the stovetop, after all, and some ingredients cook faster than others. In most cases, here, you do some stovetop preparation (such as browning the meat, deglazing, and reducing a sauce) before putting it into the slow cooker. If you're looking for a no-effort "dump things in, turn on the device" cookbook, expect to be disappointed.

Format: pdf

Language: English

Size: 36.84 MB

Hoster: Uploaded

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi