Skocz do zawartości

Aktywacja nowych użytkowników
Zakazane produkcje

• Ostatnio przeglądający   0 użytkowników

Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

voyeurnice

P.J. Perry & Tommy Banks - Old Friends

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

drsljoxhcos1.jpg

Artist: P.J. Perry & Tommy Banks

Title: Old Friends

Year Of Release: 2014

Label: Royalty Records Inc

Genre: Jazz

Quality: Mp3 / 320kbps

Total Time: 69:57 min

Total Size: 157 MB

Tracklist

-----------

01. First Song For Ruth

02. For All We Know

03. Joy Spring

04. My Old Flame

05. The Best Things In Life Are Free

06. Darn That Dream

07. Ceora

08. Laura

09. My Foolish Heart

10. If You Could See Me Now

11. Blue And Sentimental

12. September Song

13. Delilah

14. My Ideal

15. Old Folks

16. You Can't Go Home Again

For their first duo record, saxophonist P.J. Perry and pianist Tommy Banks play with the unforced enthusiasm you might expect but with an added ear for nuance and detail given their spare setting. While they stick with ballads through most of this 70-minute set of standards there are still a few sprightly tempos among 16 carefully engineered tracks. Perry's glowing alto sax remains his most revealing instrument though it's closely matched in the big, breathy feel of his tenor outings as he conjures up romance (My Old Flame, Laura), melancholy (If You Could See Me Now, My Ideal), and fleeting joy (Joy Spring, The Best Things In Life Are Free). Banks' solo breaks take off with elegance, cheerful lyricism (Ceora, September Song) and understated bluesiness (Blue And Sentimental) when he's not playing the perfect foil to Perry's fluid melodies. This is an intimate collaboration every classic jazz fan should hear for the decades of shared experience it reflects and the intangible magic of two familiar musical minds meeting up for the simple satisfaction of it all. ~Roger Levesque

download.png

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi