Year Of Release: 2002 (2001)

Label: Rounder Rec. [11661-3176-6]

Genre: Jazz, Pop, Soul

Quality: DSD64 image (*.iso)

FLAC [24bit/88,2 kHz]

Total Time: 65:47

Total Size: 1,87 GB

1,21 GB (Scans)

An influential New York City-based singer-songwriter, with a powerful, soulful voice who bridged the gaps bewteen folk, pop, and soul.

Angel in the Dark is a lovely recording featuring the graceful vocals and finely crafted songs that everyone expects from Laura Nyro. These sessions were completed in the summer of 1995 and represent the last music Nyro recorded. The title cut and "Sweet Dream Fade" mine the same soul terrain as her late '60s recordings, featuring horns and underlined by heavy guitar riffs. These upbeat pieces perfectly integrate voice, arrangements, and lyrics to create an organic whole, and are two of the best cuts on the album. Slower, piano-based songs like "Triple Goddess Twilight," "He Was Too Good to Me," and "Serious Playground" are mixed in-between these songs. These pieces are quieter and introspective, with Nyro's voice more intimate. It is almost as though she was sitting at the piano, late at night, and singing to herself. There are also several covers including "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" and "Let It Be Me." The first of these is over five minutes and has been slowed down so much that it drags. In fact, she slows down all of the covers as if to convert them into heartfelt ballads. This works best on "Ooh Baby, Baby," partly because the arrangement is fuller and more dynamic. One other standout is the upbeat "Gardenia Talk," filled with lively percussion and a sensual vocal. Angel in the Dark is a fine coda, perfect for late-night listening, and a perfect companion to Nyro's other recordings.

Tracklist:

01. Angel in the Dark

02. Triple Goddess Twilight

03. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow

04. He Was Too Good To Me

05. Sweet Dream Fade

06. Serious Playground

07. Be Aware

08. Let It Be Me

09. Gardenia Talk

10. Ooh Baby Baby

11. Embraceable You

12. La La Means I Love You

13. Walk On By

14. Animal Grace

15. Don't Hurt Child

16. Angel in the Dark (alternate version)*

17. Ooh Baby Baby (alternate version)*

18. Don't Hurt Child (alternate version)*

19. Coda

Special SACD version with 3 hidden tracks

* - exclusive bonus tracks for SACD version.

Uncompressed SACD ISO size > 2,65 GB

FLAC (converted with foobar2000 to tracks) 24bit/88,2 kHz

xdgm0p7ealg2.jpg

download.png

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

download.png

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi