Skocz do zawartości

Aktywacja nowych użytkowników
Zakazane produkcje

• Ostatnio przeglądający   0 użytkowników

Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

voyeurnice

Catherine Russell - Harlem On My Mind (2016)

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

9kbnqh600419.jpg

Artist: Catherine Russell

Title: Harlem On My Mind

Year Of Release: 2016

Label: Jazz Village

Genre: Jazz Vocals

Quality: FLAC

MP3

Total Time: 52:22

Total Size: 290 MB

123 MB

Tracklist:

1. Harlem On My Mind (4:13)

2. I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me (4:08)

3. Swing! Brother, Swing! (2:30)

4. The Very Thought Of You (5:03)

5. You've Got The Right Key But The Wrong Keyhole (3:52)

6. Don't Take Your Love From Me (4:49)

7. Blue Turning Grey Over You (3:07)

8. You're My Thrill (4:40)

9. I Want A Man (3:52)

10. When Lights Are Low (4:47)

11. Talk To Me, Talk To Me (3:16)

12. Let Me Be The First To Know (5:00)

13. Goin' To Town (2:58)

With her sixth album, Harlem On My Mind, GrammyÂ? Award-winning vocalist Catherine Russell journeys to the blue heart of the great African American songbook. Swinging forth with soulful interpretations, Russell taps the golden age of Harlem, as befits this vibrant daughter of jazz. Vocalists Ethel Waters, Billie Holiday, Etta James, and Dinah Washington provide inspiration where tunesmiths like Benny Carter, Irving Berlin, Andy Razaf and Fats Waller once ruled the roost of a renaissance which continues to reverberate. Of the title track, Russell says, "It's about not forgetting your roots," which also serves as her modus operandi for the entire 12 song collection. "The album is comprised of songs from artists who played at The Apollo in Harlem, where all African American artists of note appeared."

Russell is a native New Yorker, born into musical royalty. Her father, the late Luis Russell, was a legendary pianist/composer/bandleader and Louis Armstrong's long-time musical director. Her mother, Carline Ray, was a pioneering vocalist/guitarist/bassist who performed with International Sweethearts of Rhythm, Mary Lou Williams, and Sy Oliver. Russell notes, "My mother was born and raised in Harlem and my father led one of the leading orchestras in Harlem, which was part of the inspiration for this album."

download.png

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi