06. This Is It

07. Images

08. Sad Young Men

09. Until I was Loved

10. Guess Who?

11. Going Home

12. Autumn Leaves

13. Just You, Just Me (Duo Version)

Ranee Lee is considered one of Canada's top vocalists and Oliver Jones has long been one of that country's major pianists. Although they had known each other since the early '80s, Lee and Jones had only recorded one previous full-length album together before Just You, Just Me. This quartet outing has seven standards (including quartet and duo versions of "Just You, Just Me") and five of the singer's originals. While Jones (who was coaxed out of retirement by Lee) takes many fine solos along the way, the focus is mostly on Lee, who particularly excels on the ballads, six of which are duets. Her interpretations are straightforward yet quite expressive, showing off the beauty of both her voice and the lyrics that she interprets. ~ Scott Yanow

Personnel: Ranee Lee (vocals); Ranee Lee; Oliver Jones (piano); Eric Lagace (bass instrument); Dave Laing (drums).

download.png

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi