Skocz do zawartości

Aktywacja nowych użytkowników
Zakazane produkcje

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
voyeurnice

Chris Clark - The Motown Collection [2CD] (2005)

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

0k9w3iutecw0.jpg

Artist: Chris Clark

Title: The Motown Collection [2CD]

Year Of Release: 2005

Label: Universal/Motown [981 956-4]

Genre: R&B, Soul, Pop, Motown

Quality: FLAC (image+.cue+.log)

Mp3

Total Time: 02:36:05

Total Size: 1,08 GB

462 MB (Scans)

Along with so many other artists on the Motown imprint, Chris Clark stood in the shadows of music giants, waiting patiently to get her turn in the spotlight under the magic spell of the Motor City music machine. Like many of these artists, Clark had her brief moment in the sun, then languished in near obscurity, save for the die-hard loyalists of the Northern soul scene, who relished every move she made from her Motown years and beyond. Thankfully, the folks over at the U.K. imprint of Motown had the good sense to include her in their recent onslaught of catalog reissues highlighting the minor players of Motown. The two-disc set is all the Chris Clark diehards and casual fans could possibly ever need to include in their collection, but the gems found herein are pleasant surprises nevertheless. The first disc culls tracks off her Soul Sounds and CC Rides Again albums, a bluesy blue-eyed soul (think Dusty Springfield) take on the traditional Motown formula as well as mildly tepid takes on contemporary pop songs. The covers (especially "Got to Get You into My Life" and "In the Ghetto") don't work nearly as well as the original compositions, but Motown would often pad full-length records with them, so they're of little use other than for historical significance. Her take on "Take Me in Your Arms" (originally recorded by Kim Weston) and the amazing "If You Should Walk Away" are two of many highlights that compensate for the duller moments, but it's the second disc of unreleased material and rarities where Clark truly shines. There are several moments that would find the perfect home at a weekender in the Northern country, especially the stomper "Something's Wrong." It's another fine addition to the U.K. Motown series, and for those longing for the majority of her recorded works on compact disc, it's simply essential.

Tracklist:

CD1

01 - I Want To Go Back There Again

02 - Love's Gone Bad

03 - Born To Love You Baby

04 - If You Should Walk Away

05 - Whisper You Love Me Boy

06 - Got To Get You Into My Life

07 - Day By Day Or Never

08 - From Head To Toe

09 - Do Right Baby Do Right

10 - Until You Love Someone

11 - Put Yourself In My Place

12 - Sweeter As The Days Go By

13 - C.C. Rider

14 - Spinning Wheel

15 - How About You

16 - Good Morning Starshine

17 - With A Little Help From My Friends

18 - One

19 - In The Ghetto

20 - Can I See You In The Morning

21 - You've Made Me So Very Happy

22 - Get Back

23 - Don't Be Too Long

24 - I Love You

25 - The Beginning Of The End

CD2

01 - Ask Any Girl

02 - Everything Is Good About You

03 - Try It Baby

04 - I Like Everything About You

05 - Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me A Little While)

06 - In The Neighbourhood

07 - Yester-Me Yester-You Yesterday

08 - I Just Can't Forget Him

09 - If You Let Me Baby

10 - Your Wonderful Love

11 - Do Like I Do

12 - Let Me Go

13 - Mr. Maestro Play A Blue Sonata

14 - Soft Touch

15 - Crying In The Chapel

16 - He's Got The Whole World In His Hands

17 - It Must Be Love Baby

18 - Stay Away From Temptation

19 - He's Good For Me

20 - I Just Wanna Be Lovin' You

21 - Bad Seed

22 - Something's Wrong

23 - Mighty Good Lovin'

24 - Everything's Right Everything's Wrong

25 - What You Doing

hx2evs2ddpdt.jpg

download.png

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi