Skocz do zawartości

Aktywacja nowych użytkowników
Zakazane produkcje

• Ostatnio przeglądający   0 użytkowników

Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

voyeurnice

Bobby Short - Late Night at the Cafe Carlyle

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

c083znnz3k7p.jpg

Artist: Bobby Short

Title: Late Night at the Cafe Carlyle

Year Of Release: 1992

Label: Telarc

Genre: Jazz / Vocal Jazz

Quality: Mp3 / 320kbps

Total Time: 56:16 min

Total Size: 129 MB

Tracklist

---------

01. Do I Hear You Saying 'I Love You'?

02. Tea for Two

03. Night and Day

04. Too Marvelous for Words

05. Love Is Here to Stay

06. Drop Me Off in Harlem

07. Body and Soul

08. I Can't Give You Anything But Love

09. I Can Dream, Can't I?

10. I Get a Kick Out of You

11. Satin Doll

12. Street of Dreams

13. The Nearness of You

14. Paradise

15. Easy to Love

16. After You, Who?

17. Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye

After more than three decades, off and on, Bobby Short moved from Atlantic Records to the audiophile Telarc label, which wisely began the new association by tracking him to his lair, the Cafe Carlyle of the Carlyle Hotel on Manhattan's Upper East Side, where he had been entertaining patrons for a quarter-century. Captured over three nights in June 1991, the 66-year-old singer/pianist presented a ballad set appropriate to the "late night" billing of the title. He doesn't worry about repeating tracks from his many modest sellers for Atlantic, revisiting Rodgers & Hart's "Do I Hear You Saying 'I Love You'" (first heard on Speaking of Love in 1958) at the outset, and also including new versions of the Gershwins' "Love Is Here to Stay," Cole Porter's "I Get a Kick out of You," and the standard "Body and Soul," all of which have graced previous discs. It doesn't matter, of course. Short was more a live performer than a recording artist, despite his extensive catalog, and his job was to give you heartfelt, animated, and sophisticated readings of evergreens like "Night and Day," "I Can't Give You Anything But Love," and "Too Marvelous for Words" (the last of which, come to think of it, he did previously on the home video At the Carlyle, filmed in the late '70s and released in 1986). Telarc was studious about getting a digital signal direct to disc, resulting in great clarity, all the better to hear the glasses clink during quiet passages. The album was released on the label's jazz division and Donald Elfman's liner notes use the word "jazz" frequently. But of course Short, who bills himself as "a saloon singer," was no more a jazz artist than ever, even though he obligingly threw in an instrumental version of Duke Ellington's "Satin Doll" on which bassist Beverly Peer and drummer Robert Scott get to do solos. (The marketing strategy worked, however. The album earned a placing in Billboard's jazz chart.) ~ William Ruhlmann

Personnel: Bobby Short (vocals, piano); Robert Scott (drums); Beverly Peer (bass).

download.png

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi