Year Of Release: 2010-05-24 (1978/1980)

Label: Shout! Records (EU)

Genre: R&B, Soul/Funk, Disco

Quality: FLAC (img.+.cue+.log)

MP3 320kbps

Total Time: 01:06:52

Total Size: 492,91

188,33 Mb (Full Scans)

7th Wonder were a soul-funk group from Alabama with a style similar to Earth Wind & Fire and Kool & the Gang, a self-contained vocal and instrumental unit whose versatility yielded splendid funky dance tracks and melodic balladry of the Southern Soul genre. Having made their chart debut on Abet Records from Nashville in 1973 with their version of Kris Kristofferson's ballad For The Good Times, the group signed with Parachute in 1978 to score R&B hit singles with Words Don t Say Enough and My Love Ain't Never Been This Strong both featuring on the Words album, recorded mainly at the renowned Muscle Shoals Studio with their house musicians, then moved to the dedicated soul sister-label Chocolate City in 1980, where I Enjoy Ya and The Tilt both also reached the R&B top 50 and featured in their second album, Thunder, recorded at the Malaco Studio in Jackson, Mississippi. The group took their name from the list of seven wonders of the ancient world, using the Pyramid at Giza as their recurring brand image, along with costumes in the tradition of ancient Egypt. Shout Records are pleased to present for the first time on CD this top quality soul and funk music, much-sought after in collectors circles,

and featuring the production skills of Jerry Weaver. In-demand late 1970's US funk and Southern Soul material First CD reissue for all recordings Recorded at Muscle Shoals and Malaco studios.

Release of these albums: "Words Don't Say Enough" (1978) [LP Parachute Records, Cat.# RRLP 9004, USA] / "Thunder" (1980) [LP Chocolate City, Cat.# CCLP 2012, USA]

Release of this CD: 2010, May, 24 [CDs Shout! Records (EU), Cat.# SHOUT 65 / UPC: 5013929506527]

This compilation (p)© 2010 Shout! Records.

Marketed and Distributed by Cherry Red Records.

Manufactured in EC/MCPS

Tracklist:

"Words Don't Say Enough" (1978)

01. My Love Ain't Never Been Strong (04:02)

(Jerry Weaver)

02. People In Love (02:39)

(Barry Beckett, Jerry Weaver, Thomas Earl Jones III)

03. We Are So In Love (04:46)

(Cornell Ward, Jerry Weaver, Leroy Thompson, Mary Gresham)

04. Back Track (02:47)

(George Jackson, Thomas Earl Jones III)

05. Words Don't Say Enough (03:45)

(Barbara Wyrick, Melissa Adamson)

06. Absence (02:55)

(Jerry Weaver)

07. I Would Have Loved You Just The Same (04:00)

(Jerry Weaver, Patricia Scott)

08. Love Makes You Act Like That (03:02)

(J. W. Alexander, Jerry Weaver)

"Thunder" (1980)

09.The Tilt (06:00)

(Nidra Beard, Otis Stokes)

10. Missin Out (02:37)

(R. Bennett)

11. Stop Before You Break My Heart (05:56)

(Otis Stokes)

12. Don't Let Me Down So Easy (04:24)

(Keith Echols, Anthony Miller, Alice Sanderson)

13. All The Love I Thought I Had (03:29)

(Jerry Weaver, W. G. Garrison, J. W. Alexander)

14. Busy Man (04:58)

(Jerome Thornton, Allen Williams)

15. All In All (04:42)

(Iulus Chislom)

16. I Enjoy Ya (04:59)

(J. Williams, C. Willis, W. Beck)

d378jeaowsmn.jpg

download.png

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

Ukryta Zawartość

password: BlondStyle

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi