Label: Audiophile

Genre: Jazz / Vocal Jazz

Quality: Mp3 / 320kbps

Total Time: 51:48 min

Total Size: 115 MB

Tracklist

-----------

01. How Long Has This Been Going On

02. My One And Only (What Am I Gonna Do )

03. Sweet And Low Down

04. 's Wonderful

05. I've Got A Crush On You

06. Someone To Watch Over Me

07. Sam And Delilah

08. But Not For Me

09. Looking At You

10. Let's Fly Away

11. Why Shouldn't I

12. Hot-House Rose

13. You Do Something To Me

14. Find Me A Primitive Man

15. Easy To Love

16. Let's Do It

Lee Wiley was the first jazz singer to record a full album (eight songs in the '78' days) dedicated to the music of one composer; her "songbooks" preceded Ella Fitzgerald's by more than 15 years. The greatest recordings of her career were these four projects, the first two of which are on this Audiophile reissue. Wiley, who had an introverted and quietly straightforward yet sensuous (and somewhat smoldering) style, is heard singing eight songs apiece by the Gershwins and Cole Porter. Her accompaniment includes all-star groups headed by pianist Joe Bushkin and trumpeter Max Kaminsky (which include tenor-saxophonist Bud Freeman, clarinetist Pee Wee Russell and on four songs Fats Waller), a quartet with Bushkin and trumpeter Bunny Berigan, and Paul Weston's Orchestra. Wiley's renditions of such songs as "How Long Has This Been Going On," "I've Got A Crush On You," "Someone To Watch Over Me," "Let's Do It" and "Easy To Love" are both memorable and haunting. This reissue is a gem as is the followup Audiophile release of Rodgers & Hart and Harold Arlen songs. ~Scott Yanow

download.png

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Ukryta Zawartość

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi