9a81568188a636fec0d37e932324d065.jpg

Van Morrison - Poetic Champions Compose (Remastered) (2020) [96kHz/24bit]
Label: Legacy Recordings
Genre: Rock
Quality: FLAC (*tracks)
Bitrate: Lossless [96kHz/24bit]
Time: 48:11
Full Size: 1018.9 MB

"Poetic Champions Compose" is the seventeenth studio album by Northern Irish singer-songwriter Van Morrison, released in 1987 on Mercury Records. It received generally positive reviews from critics, most of whom viewed it as adequate mood music.

"If the title didn't tip you off, the opening five-minute jazz instrumental "Spanish Steps" certainly reveals that Poetic Champions Compose is an art record. Of course, Van Morrison has been making art records since at least Inarticulate Speech of the Heart, perhaps Common One, so that shouldn't come as a surprise. What is a bit of a shock is that Morrison begins to shake off his self-conscious straitjacket here, letting a little more grit into the music, even if the record still is firmly ensconced in mid-tempos and ballads, with only Van's voice (soulful, yet not histrionic) to pull you in. Much of this tends to float by, with only the occasional song ("I Forgot That Love Existed," "Did Ye Get Healed?") distinguishing itself. The overly mellow atmosphere and Van's arch artiness may not make it universally appealing, yet this record is warmer, stronger than many of its predecessors, one of his highlights from the '80s." (Stephen Thomas Erlewine, AMG)

7323b5de344cdb4ff91b3db1d0bba37c.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZkjuqcCSKI

982914a0a9d534cfa7c514e35661e9c0.jpeg

be18d67eb38eec537ba9591a7205f0c5.jpeg

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

01. Spanish Steps (5:24)

02. The Mystery (5:19)
03. Queen Of The Slipstream (4:57)
04. I Forgot That Love Existed (4:20)
05. Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child (4:28)
06. Celtic Excavation (3:20)
07. Someone Like You (4:10)
08. Alan Watts Blues (4:27)
09. Give Me My Rapture (3:46)
10. Did Ye Get Healed (4:08)
11. Allow Me (3:52)

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi