49be7155879e87c8365e65c069f76f83.jpg

Elvis Costello - Hey Clockface (2020) [44.1kHz/24bit]
Label: Concord Records
Genre: Rock
Quality: FLAC (*tracks)
Bitrate: Lossless [44.1kHz/24bit]
Time: 0:49:56
Full Size: 516.6 MB

'Hey Clockface' was recorded in Helsinki, Paris and New York and mixed by Sebastian Krys in Los Angeles.

Following the solo recording of "No Flag," "Hetty O'Hara Confidential" and "We Are All Cowards Now" at Suomenlinnan Studio, Helsinki by Eetu Seppala in February 2020, Costello immediately traveled to Paris for a weekend session at Les Studios Saint Germain.

Costello tells us, "I sang live on the studio floor, directing from the vocal booth. We cut nine songs in two days. We spoke very little. Almost everything the musicians played was a spontaneous response to the song I was singing. I'd had a dream of recording in Paris like this, one day."

The ensemble, dubbed "Le Quintette Saint Germain" by Costello, was recruited for these dates by Steve Nieve (who plays grand piano, upright piano, organ, mellotron & melodica) and features Mickael Gasche on trumpet, flugel horn and serpent, Pierre-Francois 'Titi' Dufour on cello and the drums, percussion and high harmonies of Ajuq.

Reed player Renaud-Gabriel Pion brought many tones and colours to the performances, playing, contrabass clarinet, bass clarinet, Bb clarinet, tenor saxophone, bass flute and cor anglais.

The Paris sessions were recorded by Francois Delabriere.

The New York sessions were produced by composer, arranger and trumpet player Michael Leonhart in collaboration with guitarists Bill Frisell and Nels Cline and completed, lyrically and vocally by Costello, "via Electrical Wire."

7323b5de344cdb4ff91b3db1d0bba37c.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8r_F_4AjVE

848ac4a59ca9a9fed51828fd329e3d47.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7aQtVfB-88

be18d67eb38eec537ba9591a7205f0c5.jpeg

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

01. Revolution #49 (2:41)

02. No Flag (3:57)
03. They're Not Laughing At Me Now (4:26)
04. Newspaper Pane (4:10)
05. I Do (Zula's Song) (3:49)
06. We Are All Cowards Now (3:36)
07. Hey Clockface / How Can You Face Me? (2:56)
08. The Whirlwind (3:18)
09. Hetty O'Hara Confidential (4:14)
10. The Last Confession Of Vivian Whip (3:00)
11. What Is It That I Need That I Don't Already Have? (3:47)
12. Radio Is Everything (4:26)
13. I Can't Say Her Name (2:58)
14. Byline (2:40)

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi