• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
bookworm79

I Was Born There I Was Born Here

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

a6c0c398c9d56874fd72f3deb2d2b0e8.webp
Free Download Mourid Barghouti, "I Was Born There I Was Born Here"
English | ISBN: 1408822474 | 2012 | 240 pages | AZW3 | 349 KB
The sequel to the classic memoir i saw ramallah, i was born there, i was born here takes up the story in 1998 when barghouti returned to the occupied territories to introduce his cairo-born son, tamim, to his palestinian family. Ranging freely back and forth in time between the 1990s and the present day, barghouti weaves into his account of exile poignant evocations of palestinian history and daily life - the pleasure of coffee arriving at just the right moment, the challenge of a car journey through the occupied territories, the meaning of home and the importance of being able to say, standing in a small village in palestine, 'i was born here', rather than saying from exile, 'i was born there'. Full of life and humour in the face of death, i was born there, i was born here is destined, like its predecessor, to become a classic.

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi