Zakazane produkcje

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
bookworm79

Memoirs of Constant - First Valet de Chambre to the Emperor. Vol IV

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

077293bce5ba3833a5d7fe29a88004aa.webp
Free Download Louis Constant Wairy, Imbert de Saint Martin, Elizabeth Gilbert Martin, "Memoirs of Constant - First Valet de Chambre to the Emperor. Vol IV"
English | 2011 | ASIN: B06XG5FJWP | EPUB | pages: 247 | 3.2 mb
Louis Constant Wairy, mainly known as Constant through-out his life and as the author of his memoirs, was a man intimately connected to General Bonaparte and his wife Josephine Beauharnais, and later in their incarnation as Emperor and Empress of the French. Achieving the rank of first valet de chambre to the Emperor after the previous incumbent Louis Marchand, who also wrote a memoir of his experiences shadowing Napoleon, had abandoned him in 1814.

A definite admirer of the Emperor, his place in the Emperor's household allowed access to the Great man and as he says himself;
"From the departure of the First Consul for the campaign of Marengo, whither I attended him, until the departure from Fontainebleau, where I was obliged to leave the Emperor, I was absent from him only twice, the first time for three times twenty-four hours, the second for seven or eight days. Aside from these brief holidays, the last of which was necessary in order to restore my health, I quitted the Emperor no more than his shadow did."
For this reason alone ensures that the memoirs which he wrote, and although not quite the "warts and all" portrait that Constant might have us believe it is of capital interest to the general reader and the Napoleonic enthuasiast.
Author - Louis Constant Wairy, known as Constant 02nd December 1778-1845
Foreword - Imbert de Saint-Amand. 1834-1900

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi