Skocz do zawartości

Aktywacja nowych użytkowników
Zakazane produkcje

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
bookworm79

Homage to Catalonia (Oxford World's Classics)

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

d907210b7aa3406344c939240d050c03.webp
Free Download Homage to Catalonia (Oxford World's Classics) by George Orwell, edited by Lisa Mullen
English | March 1, 2021 | ISBN: 0198838417 | True EPUB | 256 pages | 1.2 MB
'If you had asked me why I had joined the militia I should have answered: "To fight against Fascism," and if you had asked me what I was fighting for, I should have answered: "Common decency."'

Homage to Catalonia is George Orwell's account of the Spanish Civil War. It was the last and most mature of Orwell's documentary books and it is a sharp, focused and angry account of the fighting in Spain. The discomforts of trench warfare, his near-death experience of being shot, and his painful and disorientating medical treatment all contribute to the book's gripping immediacy.
At the same time, Orwell was aware that he was producing a work of art: 'Beware of my partisanship,' he warns his readers, 'my mistakes of fact, and the distortion inevitably caused by my having seen only one corner of events.'
Lisa Mullen's introduction examines how the book straddles the divide between literature and history, and provides readers and students with a concise explanatory account of the controversies which have grown up around the book since its publication.

Ukryta Zawartość

Treść widoczna tylko dla użytkowników forum DarkSiders. Zaloguj się lub załóż darmowe konto na forum aby uzyskać dostęp bez limitów.

Links are Interchangeable - Single Extraction

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi